Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

And 10 weeks number one says wikipedia. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got back from seeing these guys play. I’d call their unreleased new track Freak Show my song of the day but there’s no video/audio for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Piove = it rains

1 Like

Here’s my favourite song from Eurovision last night - the entry from France! Translated lyrics here.

My second and third favourites were Finland’s and Norway’s entries.

3 Likes

Estonia’s entry is excellent. I only checked out a few but Estonia’s and France’s entries are easily the best among those I listened to.

1 Like

I like that this song is not in English. :slight_smile: It’s a little bit sad that most songs aren’t in other languages anymore. In the early days of the song contest the singers had to sing in the language of their countries. I miss that a little bit because it makes each song more -hm- individual.

2 Likes

I believe that was actually what wadde hadde dudde da was meant to satirize. At least I remember him saying it at the time.

2 Likes

Hm… It’s a modified version/some sort of diminutive of “Was hast du denn da?” (“What have you got there?”). In an interview he stated that he heard that sentence on the street from a woman saying that to her dog. So I’m not sure if this was meant to be a satire - especially because he is known for things that makes no sense. :slight_smile:

Since @Someone is complaining about a lack of Dutch songs being posted, this song has grown on me:

This one’s better though:

1 Like

But you were very successful in the past. For example with this (I like the choreography :wink: ):

2 Likes

Maybe slightly less good than Abba the previous year, but up there as far as Europop goes:

I prefer the Dutch winning song from the '50s though I can’t think of the name atm.

Talking about songs from the Netherlands - after this guy lost the contest with his song:

he migrated to Germany and made a huge career as a TV host… :wink:

2 Likes

Dutch winner from '57:

(Cue the idiots saying she sounds Belgian.)

Dutch winner from '59 (wtf is with the mill in the bg, lol; I like this one less):

I like Rudi Carrell. One of my favorite sketches is where he’s in a bank that’s being robbed.

2 Likes

Both songs sound like they could be from a movie… :thinking:

Yes, that’s a classic sketch from him. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

I am curious how many (older) Germans remember this song. :slight_smile: (And I didn’t knew that there are several remixes…)

1 Like
4 Likes

Love that song, with Mr.Fripp on guitar. Never heard that version before.

Now another one of my favorite guitarists:

4 Likes
1 Like