Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

How come I did not see this topic before? Now I have almost 500 posts with a read time of 39 minutes (yeah right!) to go.

And that´s not even counting in the time it would take you to listen to all the songs!

3 Likes

Remember Me!

This one’s for all of the forum members…

1 Like

I know! But I’ll skip the ones I already know. Or listen parts of the ones I don’t like. The toughest thing is restraining myself to post comments on the old posts.
Still “steak and blow job day”? While talking? Didn’t they teach you should never talk with your mouth full? :flushed:
I mean while eating! … (Yeah, not making it better, I know)

1 Like

Ah, just do it!(*)

(*) No trademarks are harmed with this sentence.

3 Likes

I’ve resisted posting any King Crimson tunes up until now.

Skip to about 0:40 to hear this beautiful melody in all of its 8-bit glory:

It doesn’t get much nerdier than this

1 Like

I guess you’re referring to Nike™ but I’ve been a Frank Klepacki fan since '96.

Edit: btw @Someone any clue if you can buy 8-bit Hordes Soundtrack on GOG.com somewhere without buying the game? I thought 8-bit Armies was okay but it ultimately didn’t really appeal to me.

1 Like

Good question. You should be able to buy a Soundtrack and/or a DLC without the game on Gog, but I’ve never tried that. Have you tried to buy the Soundtrack on Gog?

Depends on the game. This one doesn’t want to be purchased without the game. Worse, the 8-Bit Invaders Soundtrack isn’t even on GOG!

They kinda half persuaded me to buy 8-Bit Armies with that trick. I was on the edge and would’ve just bought the soundtrack, but since it was a package deal I figured why not; game sounds fun enough. But having played it I have no great interest in the follow-ups. I might pick 'em up on sale, maybe.

1 Like
1 Like

Or write to/ask the developers. If there is enough interest they might sell the Soundtrack via Bandcamp.

I suppose I’ll investigate what buying it on Steam entails, exactly. If it’s DRM-free FLAC it’s probably fine for me.

1 Like
3 Likes

Favourite theme songs from our childhood TV shows would be worth it´s own thread.

I loved watching the Muppet Show on “Der Kabelkanal” back in 1992.

1 Like

Create …, ah just post it here. ;-P.

On the ZDF at the beginning of the 80s! (I can’t help myself but since I’m writing here I feel much older than before…)

You probably also saw the first airing of Captain Future. I´m guessing you´re as old as my cousin we got the C64 from when he got himself his first PC.

1 Like

I think I caught some of that on… SAT1, possibly?

Exactly. But I can’t remember on which channel (ARD or ZDF).