Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

:smile: :clap: a classic!

1 Like

You can buy the new Eminem album on tape.

I’m tempted.

https://shop.eminem.com/products/kamikaze-red-cassette

Edit: bleurgh, shipping from the US is about as much as the item. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

T.G.I.F.

Boudewijn de Groot – Meneer de president

Incidentally, I just noticed this on my oldest (?) Boudewijn de Groot CD:

I bought it new in '04 or '05, so it’s hardly from the “West Germany” era. I’m guessing they just didn’t bother changing it for reprints.

Whatever happened to Philips records?

Edit:

Philips Records has been part of Universal Music since 1998, the name continuing to be licensed from the label’s former parent company. In 1999, Philips Classics was absorbed into the Decca Music Group, and Philips recording and mastering operations in the Netherlands were shut down. Former employees bought the Philips Recording Center in Baarn, Netherlands, and formed Polyhymnia International (a recording and mastering company) and Pentatone Records (which specializes in SACD releases).[4]

Source: Philips Records - Wikipedia

1 Like
2 Likes

When I was younger, I used to watch MTV, for half an hour, before dinner.
It was funny, it was a real music television, with a lot of original videoclips.
This one caught my attention, for its simplicity and genius, mixed with a stunning music.
Today I want to re-listen to it.

Freestyler - Bomfunk MC’s

4 Likes

Oh look, an MP3 player! I remember those! :joy:

2 Likes

How about this one?

2 Likes

It’s good… but I prefer Freestyler :blush:

The song hands down, but I’d say the video isn’t so clear-cut. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, I saw the videos from Köthen, too…

Do you still have MTV in Italy? The German MTV is, … well, let’s say I miss the old times. :slight_smile:

Didn´t it go 100 % pay tv in late 2010?

Yes, but it’s free again since round about a year. And they are showing music videos again - well, sometimes. :wink:

Luckily there is “Deluxe Music”. :slight_smile:

Ha, I missed that! Is it on satellite, too?

Yeah that seems to be the to go to music channel now. I think they even have a classics slots once a week or something.

The times MTV were real game changers with Weird Al, Beavis & Butthead, Celebrity Deathmatch etc. are long gone though.

2 Likes

There are more than one MTV channels. The one called MTV is now everything but music.
Luckly there’s MTV 100% music and MTV hits channels, which are as good as the old times.

Yes, via the Astra satellite system. I don’t know which cable providers are offering MTV too.
(btw: VIVA will be closed at the end of the year.)

Yep, for example a very good 80s slot. :slight_smile:

And they had unique VJs with great shows (in Europe “Most Wanted”, “Greatest Hits”, etc.)

We have a similar situation here, but only the “classic” MTV is free. For the other channels you have to pay. (Actually I don’t know where you can subscribe them - AFAIK they are not on Sky anymore…)

1 Like

Oh yeah, I think I heard that.

While zapping on YouTube, some time ago, I stumbled in this version of the popular song “Stairway To Heaven”. It hit me because of the very young age of its performer.

I want to re-listen it today, because a young kid is the symbol of the future to build up, to grow, step by step, like a stairway, to the Heaven.

1 Like