How is the weather (right now)

1 Like

Sushi set it up, I turned it into a goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

3 Likes

Oops! It is ba-dum-tss!
You’ll need another gif/meme :smile:

Moon and Mars

Sorry if I have been a little late, we were at a Luna Park with the children.

4 Likes

The moon was low and pretty much the same colour as the sky here, but could see the shadowed part also.
Photo (phone camera, so not so good quality) taken at 0:32 local time: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hwqD56exDZkVMzNs8

3 Likes

Taken with a little telescope (by my brother)

6 Likes

Whats that other thing down there on the right?`

4 Likes

Oh look who FINALLY decided to show his round face now!

That actually looks a lot like the Death Star over the moon of Endor…

2 Likes

Your butt again?

ba%20dum%20tss%203

2 Likes

So here is the deal. I can see the stupid moon just turning up far away in the west. This makes little sense since that would moon that it is about 3 - 4 hours late. And how can the moon be late? Fact is I can see it now and I see a little bit of black on the right side which is the very rest that is supposed to be gone by 1 am or so.

Too bad my phone lense cannot really capture that either. So anyway…

1 Like

Short question to all of you who are freaking out at the moment: Have you never seen a “Blood Moon” in your life? It isn’t such a rare phenomenon. Or am I just old? :thinking:

No no, it is not rare at all. I´ve seen one in 2011. The only rare thing is the unsual lenght(of the occurance). That is all.

2 Likes

We had a super blue blood moon in January if I remember correctly.

Super moon : a full moon when it is BIG (literally closer to earth)

Blue: when it is the second full moon in the same month

Blood : when it is reddish in color

2 Likes

And that phenomenon is the most interesting and most impressive IMHO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And also really frequent actually. But it just looks cool. I remember walking down the old railroad tracks in September 2010. It was the Super Harvest Moon. It was awesome! :full_moon:

2 Likes

Come to think of it, it probably is the Death Star, because I think the moon should have been a lot more to the left at that moment…

“Oh, shit. There goes the planet.”
Spaceballs, 1987

1 Like

Enlargement

3 Likes

Why am I thinking Maniac Mansion right now…

4 Likes

Some nice images of the blood moon
The one in Dresden is funny!

1 Like