How is the weather (right now)

Rudy Giuliani on any regular day…

OThis morning it was nicely sunny, here on the Italian Alps. Just some scattered clouds that covered the sun from time to time, just what we needed to avoid overheating. So we decided to have some nice hiking.

Our plan?
Start at 10.00, climb up some gentle slope which brings us to a very small village 330 meters above (one hour), then walk alongside the ridge of the mountain, get to a beautiful vista, stop for picnic, go on walking until we meet another path going down (two hours), then take a steep path which takes us through the forest right at the spot were we started (one hour). 8 kilometers walk, 330 meters of climbing up and down, back to our car at 2pm. The weather forecasts say there will be a storm at 3pm, so we should be safe.

What really happened?
During the climb it was really hot. No clouds. Just sweat. Then we started our walk on the ridge. Lovely for 20 minutes. Then rain. We thought it were just two drops. We continued our walk. When we got to the vista, we ate quickly our wet panini. We went on with our walk, and it was clear the storm decided to come earlier than expected. The vista was just… you know, grey. All around us only thunders, cats and dogs (not literally). Then we arrived to the steep path down, which was actually a mud stream. We got to our car erlier than expected, since we didn’t take too much time to relax up there. As soon as I unlocked the car, the sun came out again. Now it’s past 4pm, and no sign of the supposed 3pm storm.

We enjoyed our hiking anyway.

3 Likes

The moon last night at my place. Gozer is coming…

2 Likes

Obviously it didn’t rain anymore, until we decided we had to buy food for dinner and went out for shopping. We had another beeping shower.

2 Likes

I would thank god if it would rain here! We have these tiny little Bob Ross clouds, that refuse to rain.

Can’t you travel to northern Germany? Maybe the rain is following you?

2 Likes

Want! :+1:

Now we’re at home again. And it’s not raining. :unamused:

3 Likes

What are those orange circles? They look like balloons.

What’s orange, big and round?
:thinking:

I know!
:wink:

1 Like

A little bit of raindrops while the sun is setting… :rainbow:

5 Likes

That is just a latern, but I was aware even when taking the photo that it looks more interesting than that because you can hardly see the rest with the trees in the backround. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It also makes the tree look like a Caponian!

3 Likes

It is a bit scary like that, now that you mention it!

It is funny how a camera just can accidentally capture things that seem more unnatural than they really are does any one of you guys happen to know the “Solway Spaceman”?

grafik

I’ve definitely seen that before, but can’t remember the ‘story’ behind it.

Our minds are so used to trying to make sense out of shapes and interpret them based on things we’ve seen before, that it opens the gates for lots of ‘freaky’ pictures.

I like the creepy way they make me feel though, heheh. I’m sure there are other famous ones but all that springs to mind is that silly Three Men and a Baby ‘ghost child’ that turned out to be a cardboard cut-out.

1 Like

The truth is, that it is most likely just the girls mother standing with her back to the camera, her hair looking like a face screen and her dress appearing white due to overexposure. They´ve compared pictures from the same set where you can see her more clearly.

Something like that wouldn´t happen today, but back then they probably had just forgotten that the mother walked into the frame and was standing in the backround by the time the film had devoloped.

I think I can think of a few more of these things, but that would merit it´s own thread I think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah yes, that sounds familiar.

Sadly, yeah. I miss the excitement of going to pick up photos and not quite knowing what you’re getting.

Could be interesting.

1 Like

I actually just had the idea of just collecting at least three famous pictures (or more) and then letting people guess who aren´t familar with the common explanation, before offering it myself.

No cheating please.

3 Likes

So it is now:

1 Like