How is the weather (right now)

Nice off-topic. I’ve always found beautiful the old green/white polizei cars.
I have to admit that grey/green is really an ugly match. No surprise they changed it.
But I understand @Someone’s issue about reselling values.

I don’t know what happens to police cars in Italy when they are dismissed. 20 years ago you could see cars (especially small ones), with no signs but which had a color which undoubtedly revealed its police/carabinieri origins.

Anyway, we too have some green police cars in Italy!
The state police has a light blue livery which is the same throughout Italy.
But local police has different liveries from region to region. In Lombardy they’re green/white.
Then we have Carabinieri, it is a “gendarmerie” corp which is separated from the State Police.

2 years ago I was quite astonished by a green Carabinieri car that I saw on the roads.
It turned out that the Forestry Agency in Italy (Corpo Forestale dello stato) was dismantled in 2016, and its function was taken over by the Carabinieri corps, which inherited so all the vehicles, changing the liveries without repainting which would have been too expensive.

Old “Corpo Forestale” car:

After the make up:

While this is the traditional Carabinieri livery:

My I just ask how did we end up talking about this? @milanfahrnholz?

2 Likes

(Don’t ask me why that German police car is placed in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa …)

They changed not only the colors of the cars but also the uniforms, hats, etc. to blue.

Back then green was chosen just because it was a famous color at that time. And I agree with you: Green is/was ugly. Blue is much better and used in a lot of other countries.

That’s what the police is telling us. :slight_smile: They remove the stickers and sell them after some years of usage.

3 Likes

This is for you, @someone, given the late hour… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s in every aspect a classic! :wink:

1 Like

I’m blue, I’m not green I would die…

4 Likes

Horst Tappert?

Yarp!

In other news, raining!

Yes! It finally got cooler here, too.

Same here! We also had rain earlier.

1 Like

They say it´ll be sunnier again but heatwave could finally be over. :relieved:

2 Likes

Yes. :slight_smile: Aka Derrick.

HUGE HEAVY RAINSTORM HITS NORTHEAST U.S. LIKE HELLHOUNDS.
HUMANS HUNKER DOWN IN HOUSES.

YOUR body seems incomplete, Discourse!

2 Likes

Bit windy right now…

3 Likes

There is a storm warning for the south of Germany.

It´s here!

1 Like

According to the weather forecast it will be even more stormy in or during the night. But I’ve seen the forecast for whole Germany, so it might not be valid for your region. In any case: tie everything up that could fly away (including the bowl-a-rama).

1 Like

Is there anyone who could lend me a boat to let me go home?

:open_mouth:

@milanfahrnholz has a drone …

2 Likes

Mostly in england, though.

3 Likes