[Poll] When will RtMI be released?

Does it also do lottery numbers?

3 Likes

We all believe it will be released on October, 15th.

I forgot what that date wasā€¦ :thinking:

According to wikipedia, reddit, and to the general memory of the people (but denied by Ron Gilbert himself) itā€™s the date of release of The Secret of Monkey Island (October 15, 1990)

4 Likes

Oh right, now I remember, thanks. :slight_smile:

Anyway, Wikipedia doesnā€™t report a date. If in the past it was so, the information was probably removed for not being supported by an authoritative source.

I donā€™tā€¦
I said November 3rd or 4th, depending on your timezone. Leaning more to 3rd, as games usually release on Thursdays

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard Talk Like a Pirate Day (19th of Septamber) mentioned as a potential date, and I can see that. Itā€™s only 2 months away and, if I can speak somewhat selfishly, it would land when Iā€™ve finished my work placement and finished my second trimester of uni. I donā€™t really wanna derail my education to play this game :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

In the recent interview of Dominic Armato, he said that he wanted to play some Monkey Island games before the release of RtMI.

Cressup tried to get an idea of when the release might happen and she asked Dominic if he thought he had enough time for that. Dominic answered something along the lines of ā€œI think that I can squeeze themā€¦ā€.

I would like to find the precise wording but I donā€™t have a transcript of the video to make the search easy. @ephialtes , could you help me with that?

Anyway, he seemed to have at least an idea of how soon/late the release was expected to happen. So a decision about it has been probably reached.

My personal feeling was that it couldnā€™t be too soon: more than a few weeks.

I think the entire point of that discussion was that Dom doesnā€™t know anything. He said very clearly afterwards that heā€™s not in on any marketing conversations. He even talked about how he tweeted that he thought there mightā€™ve been a trailer at the Devolver event, emphasising that he didnā€™t actually know, and then there was no trailer until Nintendo Direct. Heā€™s very appreciative of the way the team has welcomed him and given him perks that he wouldnā€™t normally get as a voice actor (like getting an early build of the whole game), but heā€™s not talking to the dev team or Devolver or Lucasfilm/Disney about how and when they plan to release the game.

From below auto-generated subtitles from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdRBuBQS3Wc, it doesnā€™t look like that he knows about the release date.

i want to do escape entails again before before return so just personally because i please youā€™ll be able to fit them in before return comes out i could probably squeeze them in iā€™m working on it iā€™ve got some irons in the fire but i think i can squeeze them iā€™m just trying to say i canā€™t i donā€™t i canā€™t get whether i have a lot of time to squeeze them in or if i have to really rush through them could be either whoā€™s to say

1 Like

Thanks! I watched that part again and I still get the impression that he does have that information, but itā€™s a minor detail and my speculation might also be wrong. :slight_smile:

Edit: In any case, if he has time for both ā€œEscapeā€ and ā€œTalesā€, Iā€™ll have the time to play ā€œCurseā€ before the release, for sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

PAX Seattle (Sep. 3rd, 2022) will be the first occasion to meet Ron and, I assume, the first occasion to see the game, either in a demo form to tease people or because itā€™ll be released within that date:

(Source)

1 Like

Of course, Ron Gilbert does not go to event; event goes to him.

5 Likes

A tin-foil hat theory was presented on Adventure Gamers Forum that the release date will be between 19.9. and 30.10. :roll_eyes:

If the screens have a meaning, depending on how you interpret it, 19.9 or at the latest the 30.10 sounds reasonable. Maybe things have changed, and it comes sooner.

Dunno if it means something, but you could try to interpret the signs written on the scantling on the upper right, like: year.month.day 2022 is given away already, whilst X=10, the three strokes plus a 0 = 30) or the red X as a countdown (when monkey island monday was brought up, we were ten weeks away from 19.9). Such stuff.

Using a similar conspiratorial train of thought, Iā€™m interpreting scribbles between the jail cells in the Gameplay Reveal Trailer to mean that the release date will be on 10.10. at 10:10. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Iā€™m in for any wacky tinfoil speculation. We already paid attention to a completely random AI estimation, so I donā€™t see why we should exclude any form of divination, including numerology, tarots and observing rat entrails.

Sounds good to me!

I also suggest creating a meta-theory adding together all the sources. If most of them point to October, October it is!

3 Likes

Chronicles from the Futureā„¢

On January 1st 2023, pressed by people who wanted to know why the developers didnā€™t release the game yet, Ron clarified:

ā€œYes, 2022 of the Ethiopian calendar.ā€

2 Likes

That reminds me a bit of Space Quest V

3 Likes

Very nice background! It seems to me that some inspiration for the art came from the covers of old science fiction ā€œpulpā€ magazines.

What is ā€œsuper-scienceā€? :thinking:

2 Likes

It involves rolling a boulder down a hill onto some dinosaurs and is astounding.

3 Likes

Science is really fascinating.

1 Like