Space Quest: Captain M. Funkloch's Adventures In Space 🚀

All depens how long this game is and how long replaying from a certain point would take.

Naaaaaahhhhh, don´t think so.

I might try to get back to it after a longer break. :slight_smile:

Could be fun, if I still remember it all by then!

I´ve actually read a couple of walkthroughs that are written in a story/diary/logbook style.

1 Like

:point_up:

1 Like

Good thing is with the SCUMM version you have a cubic craptonne of save slots, right?

True. And the autosave!

1 Like

Let’s just say you managed to confuse my parser.

I’m pretty glad that game design has evolved since then. Though I must concede that the writing isn’t bad at all. I somehow have the suspicion that writers at Sierra came up with hundreds of funny death notes, then had some poor sod fill the gaps with a bit of adventure gameplay.

Funniest thing was when I wanted it to spell “look at body” but it corrected it to “look at Andy”. I managed to be able to type in by hand now, though!

No, it´s not. The various situations are very funny (if you don´t just happen to die for the same reason over and over again, or walk into a dead end wanting to go back only to have an enemy appear out of nowhere from where you left the dead end).

Once in a while if the parser doesn´t understand me it just says “Say what?” who wrote this? Grandmasta Flash?

2 Likes

Current status:

I mean talk about

grafik

right?

Ooh, this gives me an idea! I’m going to develop a game with thousand rooms… extreme Sierra style! You will spend an eternity in the first room, constantly dying, just for a chance to experience the thrill of seeing the next room… which is impossible. Muahhahhahhahaa… :relaxed: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sounds a bit like this super difficult Mario hack.

And this is how you´re supposed to do it:

2 Likes

Right now:

Playing a game of.

SPOT THE HOLE!

I got close as possible to all those black spots but none of them seems to be the aforementioned hole! :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I thought that might be what you were talking about up there :point_up: :grin:

Are you still stuck there?

Takes a look at

Says “2h”.

Yeah, I guess you could say that.

But I´d also feel super awkard just frankly asking you where the hole is… :flushed:

:rofl: let me just compose myself…

1 Like

…hahahahaHIC!

Ahem. Right. Okay. Yeah I can’t remember where you need to go. I think you need to go up a ramp?

Have you picked anything up?

I knew that one would tickle your…STOP IT, MILAN!!!

Eh, yeah…so far this only desert and those two screens with rocks. I can´t go anywhere in the desert without getting eaten and if I linger too long by the rocks the exploding robot spider starts stalking me and if that happens there seems to be no escape.

The last thing I picked up was the survival kit inside the cockpit of the escape pod.

1 Like

I could try a few things if I had the time, but I keep getting suicide bombed! :weary:

And I wrote “wrongs” instead of “rocks”. How Freudian of me! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

At some point you need to go back to the pod and pick up something else. I’m telling you that so you don’t get too far without it; you’ll need it.

That sort of thing is going to be difficult, actually. I wanted to say check with me before you move to the next level, but a) that kinda ruins the fun and b) you won’t necessarily know when you’re about to move to the next level!

I guess just keep saving to be sure.

Anyway… I can’t remember where the ho- gap is! If you get really stuck I can direct you from the pod as the walkthrough gives directions.

1 Like

On my picture above there is this long gaping vertical slit…goddamnit, sorry but that´s what it is!

When I stand before it, it still says I was too far away. I´m pretty sure that was supposed to be it. I opened the box and I have the dyhydrated water and the swiss army knife. I mean I could check again for the pod, since that seems to be the only safe place

1 Like

:rofl: Okay, forget about that hole! That was obviously not the way to go.

(it was the one on the right hand side of the screen and I had to look at it from the left side facing right, everything else including standing right in front of it was wrong!)

1 Like

Aha! I do remember that bit bring tricky.

You still need to go back to the pod.