Space Quest: Captain M. Funkloch's Adventures In Space šŸš€

In that case, I think you need to go back to your ship and do something before coming back to the building.

I can give you a bigger hint if you like.

:neutral_face:

Okay, I go back to the ship first and see what I can do inside there.

1 Like

Right, putting on the invisibility belt didnĀ“t do anything. I guess I need to power it first(since it says itĀ“s low). IĀ“m guessing I can do that on the ship somehow?

Hm. Maybe that means you need to be nearer when you put it on. Can you try it with the ā€˜waitingā€™ option instead?

Sorry, my memory of this bit is hazy and the walkthroughs are really not helping!

I remembered it as putting it on just outside the building, which is why I thought your first option was right.

I can try that, maybe the lower power hint means that it only works for a very short distance.

Would be nice though if they could have made something like a visual cue about your status of invisiblity. You donĀ“t get transparent or anything it just says youĀ“re wearing it but not, if it is actually working!

Yeah, thatā€™s why I thought you might need to be nearer.

Haha, youā€™ll know if itā€™s workingā€¦

Seems my ā€œEric, The Vikingā€ comparison further above wasnĀ“t that far off. :grin:

Ahhh, shit. That didnĀ“t work either. I canĀ“t really put it on any closer than THAT!

Thatā€™s weird.

Can you go south from your ship?

This planet seems to have exactly three screens so far and no matter where I go from the ship IĀ“m taken to the close-up.

Can you try putting the belt on and then pressing a button maybe? Or can you not even wear it?

Or try turning it on first?

And Iā€™m assuming you canā€™t put it on at the lookout spot.

Edit, edit, edit, Iā€™m gonna get run over in a minute!

I can put it on and it just says that IĀ“m wearing it. Also on the lookout spot(which I just tried).
But you may be right that I have to manually activate it first.

So you canā€™t put it on and then try and go down there? With a text command maybe?

That was it!

I just KNEW I had to be aware of the effect myself!

ItĀ“s a technical thing afterall not a magical thing that just works by putting it on.

wheeeeeee

Sorry, a cat just jumped on my keyboard and I donĀ“t even HAVE a cat! :scream_cat:

Seriously though, The first thing that happened was that he nosily bumped into the wall. :laughing:

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

:nerd_face:

Yay! :smile:

Wow, canā€™t believe that was over two years agoā€¦

I really like the way the next bit is done. Not going to ruin it though.

Iā€™m starting to think I might like SQ3 more than SQ2. If it wasnā€™t for Astro Chicken, that is.

1 Like

But can you skip that bit though, or does the game notice if Roger has read it or not?

Are there any more QTEs that are specially annoying?
Am I far? I mean storywise it feels like it, but itĀ“s hard to tell with that weird point system.

I might be taking a break since I have to be off in a bit and continue with it ce soir when I have plus temps.

Thatā€™s true. But I suppose you technically wouldnā€™t know all the story if you didnā€™t do it. And you also wouldnā€™t know that you can skip it.

In the following SQ games? Iā€™m not sure. I donā€™t remember getting to any in SQ4 before I got fed up.

Yep.

Dā€™accord.

No, I mean in the rest of this one. I donĀ“t plan to get the bundle with the remaining three games anytime soon(at the very least not until the next sale).

Oh I see. No I think thereā€™s only one arcade thingy per game.

IĀ“ve already forgotten what it was in SQ2.

Cool, hopefully that means I can finish this thread in under 1000 posts!