Tell me your dreams

I suppose that’s the reason behind the Lego Duplo name :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Back on topic!

“I dreamed a weasel with a skirt and curly hair, but it was Merida (from Brave) dressed as a ballerina”. When asked what a weasel is, my daughter answered “it’s like a fox, but smaller and browner”. That might have been a nice dream.

But I wanted to tell my dream. It began in my childhood home, which is still my dream standard for “home” (I’ve been living there from 2 to 24, that’s understandable). I’m in the kitchen, it’s morning, other family members and friends are waking up and coming to have breakfast. There’s an old friend of mine, my mother, my wife, then my daughter’s best friend. She sits on Ilaria’s chair. Then Alice comes, sits on her chair and mumbles “that’s Ilaria’s chair, why is she sitting on her chair?” and I laugh, finding it cute. No one else understands what she said.

Now I’m sitting on a desk. I’m “at work”, but it’s also school. And I’m in my pajamas. I’m not embarrassed, rather annoyed because “they care about how I dress” (yesterday’s thing with my shorts really bothered me). My CTO is sitting on the teacher’s desk. On a desk on my right, I recognize a colleague of mine. I know I’m in elementary school, and think “when I was a child, I always saw older kids as way older than they actually were”, thinking my colleague looks like an adult. I then notice that I’m an adult too, so maybe that’s the reason. The CTO asks if we did our homework, then proceeds to watch my notebook, where I only have drawings. He gives me a 0 mark and asks if I listen to KoЯn based on a drawing I made, I answer I was just messing around with drawing styles.
During the lessons I was also chatting with @Gffp on my phone, about how often you find Sardinians around the world, I met lots of them in Zurich and also in Lugano now. He comments that even non-Sardinian sounding surnames might be Sardinian, and tells two surnames, which are my CTO’s and the Head of development’s. The latter is actually of Sardinian origin despite the surname. I ask Gffp if he knew about my company, that he named two of my bosses. He answers he had no idea.
I notice there’s a sack under my desk, where I find clothes. I think “oh, there it was!”, as if it was a luggage we forgot to empty after a trip, and I search for clean clothes. Most of the clothes are dirty shirts for my daughters. I find all I need and I head to the bathroom. After I put on the clothes, the corridors are full with people, it looks like one of those American high school movie scenes where everyone rushes to a new lesson.
But the corridors are some kind of common courtyard between the buildings where I now live. I go home, and my wife tells me that $female_name (I don’t remember the name she said, but in the dream I knew she was a neighbor on another building) asked if I could go visit her shortly. I know that her apartment is on the third building, which shares a terrace with the second building, which shares the corridor with our building. So I go back to the corridor, and in the distance, at the entrance of the second building, I see another neighbor. I know she’s Sardinian too, and I don’t know if I’m supposed to greet her or not. I do, but she doesn’t notice me. As I get closer, she seems to see me, so I greet her again, but she doesn’t notice again. It happens a third time, in the end I give up and enter the building. I go to the terrace. The neighbor is standing in front of a French window and tells me to come inside. I enter the apartment from a bedroom. Her apartment is identical to mine, but it’s mirrored, and I get lost. She calls me, I follow her voice up to the living room.

She’s a beautiful woman, very tall (at least 190cm), long dark straight hair, thick build but not fat. She’s wearing a bright yellow sweater. I smile and ask what she needs, she hugs me and says “I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday”, but she’s very tall, and my face is buried between her tits. I gently escape her hug and embarrassingly say “that’s nice, but, well, my birthday is in June”. She says “oh, I’m sorry!” and hugs me again. In that very moment, her husband comes home. He looks exactly like Hector from Pixar’s Coco (https://pm1.narvii.com/6712/0a089f1f70ed93da923aa3e252af9f612eaebfa6_hq.jpg). He sees us and he’s not even upset, more like resigned, as if catching her wife cheating on him was a daily matter. He sighs and goes to sit on the couch. I say the cliché “it’s not what it looks like”, but he doesn’t even listen. She acts as if nothing happened, kisses the husband, asks how his day was, and what’s for dinner and stuff like that.

The last thing I remember is that I’m talking to him sitting on the couch, while she, behind him, kept trying to… be sexy, like she was sending me signals. But she was sucking on a pacifier, and I found it to be the very opposite of sexy.

5 Likes

immagine

4 Likes

During break time from work, I took a nap.
I was dreaming Homer Simpson that he was dubbing (in italian) the man-eating plant in the Quickie Pal…

Do you think I spend too much time on this forum?!

4 Likes

Now what gave you that idea?

2 Likes

The evidence speaks for itself, doesn’t it? :innocent:

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

That´s an underwhelming Fatality…

That’s what I thought too, for all three of them in Dual Destinies.
Apollo’s reactions made me laugh the most though:

apollo-justice-is-not-fine

2 Likes

For the records: This is called “Duplo Chocnut” in Germany (it has even its own webpage). The name is very sophisticated: It’s a smart combination of “chocolate” and “nut”. These marketing guys are really genius!

2 Likes

Like NUTELLA, a combination of Nut and Umbrella. Maybe.

4 Likes

The newly opened Taco Bell in the Netherlands sells something they call “chocodilla.” (Chocolate + quesadilla) I think it’s just a tortilla with chocolate spread inside.

1 Like

nutellad

3 Likes

Or like Tronky, which obviously stands for “Triple headed monkey “

4 Likes

Ah-chooooo!

2 Likes

Today I got woken up by my father-in-law who decided to come at 7:20 instead of 8 - 8:30 as we had planned.

I don’t remember the story about what I was dreaming, but I clearly remember I had access to the database of my memories. I was writing SQL queries to get rid of stuff. It doesn’t take an expert in dreams to notice that 1) my job is influencing me 2) watching The Butterfly Effect before sleeping influenced me.

I should stop watching movies in bed.

Same happened to me back then!! :drooling_face::dizzy_face:

Tonight I feel restless and unquiet…
I just dreamt that a girl (a dumb one) assaulted our car.
To defend myself and the rest of my family, I parked my car, calmly, then I lost my calm, I become upset, got out the car and kicked the girl away, shouting “stop to break the balls!!”.

Now I can’t sleep anymore :pensive:

2 Likes

Awww :pensive: I hate having dreams like that. I hope you managed to find peace later.
But… heh… that’s a funny phrase you used :stuck_out_tongue: