Tell me your dreams

Now it’s official: I’m old …

If you really made the mistake to google a current picture, I´m sorry. But there are worse examples.

I googled of course “Samantha Fox Strip Poker”. Are there other valid search words?

Putting the words strip poker into a google search is a couragous thing in this day and age.

2 Likes

Well, there was this joke on an Italian Facebook page (Il Signor Distruggere) that went “Samantha Fox is always current’s fashion”, from the tweet in the link where a mother was surprised that her 18yo daughter hated the surprise birthday she threw for her, where she invited all her high school friends at home, showing pictures of her as a child and “putting on a Samantha Fox CD, since she’s always current fashion”. So you’re not old, you’re always up to date.

1 Like

So, back on my topic.

I had a dream a week ago. I wanted to write it down here, but I was leaving and I didn’t have time, but I really have to tell.

It’s night, I’m running along the side of a road that looked like one in my hometown, but it had tram and train tracks. I have to meet my wife at a tram station and I’m late, so I try to run on the shortest route, along the rails and cutting through dirt, dodging upcoming trains. The tram number 4 is behind me and I’m on its tracks, so I jump onto a short wall on the sidewalk, but miss the jump and fall. The tram fortunately stops in time.

Its front door opens and the driver scolds me but not in an angry way. “Get in”, she says, “what were you doing running instead of taking the tram? It’s dangerous, takes more time, and most importantly, what kind of example are you giving to your daughter?”. Ilaria is there in the tram and I’m surprised. “What are you doing here all alone? You were supposed to be with mom” I say, but she shrugs. She wears a white shirt.

We reach the tram station and my wife is there, sitting on a bench in the platform. I exit the tram and I tell my wife “sorry I’m late, but why wasn’t Ilaria with you?”, but then I notice that Ilaria is sitting besides her on the bench waiting for me. And she wears an orange shirt. My wife says “she was with me, what are you talking about?”, so I turn back and there are two Ilarias.

“What… but… wait, who are you then?”, I ask “my” Ilaria in the white shirt. She shrugs again and makes the face she always does when she’s going to tell a lie.

So I have the most rational reaction. I freak out and kick the shit out of her head. I kick her as hard as I can under her chin, decapitating her. My wife begins vomiting. I wake up.

5 Likes

And, a new post for today’s dream. And this might interest you all.

Warning: TWP spoilers ahead!

(Do we still need to hide spoilers?)
I don’t remember precisely the order of the events, but the topic was very very interesting. So, it turns out that the ending to TWP is not the real ending. As we discover that it’s all just a game, Ransome objects that going to the wireframe world to shut down the simulation might still be part of a game, and that it’s exactly what the developers want.

So he suggests that the only way out is doing absolutely nothing. Not moving, not interacting. I’m intrigued (I don’t remember if I was a player or a character) and try not to move. After a while, I notice that the background is slowly decaying. I’m scared, so I move, and everything goes a bit back to normal. “Whoa, Ransome was right”, I say, “but I don’t want to end the game here”. So I run to the Vista (even if in my dream it’s the top of a shopping mall) so I can see the whole Thimbleweed Park crumbling down as we stop playing. I reach the top, look around, and sit. I just wait, everything begins to pixelate. I feel the same feeling I got while playing the game, a mixed sense of accomplishment and nostalgia while the guitar soundtrack was playing in the last act.

And that’s how I had an interesting idea for a TWP spinoff. You’re playing Ransome (or the Agents too) right after Chuck makes the revelation. But instead of accepting your fate in the game, you don’t want to disappear. You prefer to live a life with no free will. So, the whole game is you (and the Agents too, maybe) trying to stop Delores from going into the Wireframe.

3 Likes

apart from the rational reaction ending… that was enjoyable.

She was my “dream woman” in my teens years :joy::joy:

1 Like

Wait, which one did you decapitate? The one in the white shirt?

I like that dream, and the idea. Not least because Delores is a bit of a goody-goody :wink:

Last night I had a TWP themed dream, too. It’s a bit hazy though – the only bit I now remember is that I was house-sitting for David Fox, and he and his wife were going out to a posh Japanese place for dinner (apt, as they’ve just been to Japan). I waved them off and then realised that all their house consisted of was a small room crammed with bunkbeds.

Yes. She was clearly going to tell me a lie, so she was the fake one and I had to eliminate her.

1 Like

I want to be clear with you, that I have never lied to you…

but …

Would the fake one know how to do that? :scream:

luckily it was only a nightmare

2 Likes

Of course, it was a perfect clone from outer space or something like that.

I’m usually not inclined towards kicking my daughter in the face (no matter how sometimes she’d deserve it :laughing:)

Anyway, another episode of “stuff my daughter says while sleeping”.

Can I take a bite of your ice cream? Of your popsicle?

I think I might be a bit stressed.

I dreamed of beating my best friend to a pulp for no reason, shooting my daughter’s best friend in the arm and killing my daughter by shooting her in the face, repeatedly hitting my mom on the head with a piece of wooden furniture.

:cold_sweat:

Those poor daughters… :frowning:

Sounds like you have quite some stress indeed.

Or do you play violent video games or watch violent movies before going to bed?

Probably it just means you have some unfinished business with them in real life… like telling them you love them, really.

2 Likes

Given that I did not play or watch anything violent and I’m extremely nervous, I suppose that’s stress. I’m also having stomach pain. I fear it’s finally time for a gastroscopy.

Hey, should we open a topic about our aches and pains? The hypochondriac thread?

1 Like

Did it feel normal in the dream, or did you know it was wrong?

Either way, maybe your brain chose one strong feeling (rage) to represent another (love). Like really violent kiss-chase :wink:

I knew it was wrong. As for my daughter, it was some sort of virtual reality game, so it seemed like I wasn’t going to kill her in actuality, but I had to submit the game to an online form to register it so it felt like there was some kind of risk that it could be irreversible, but the main concern to me was “I knew I had to find other ways to solve the problem, but in the end I used the gun and I wasn’t supposed to”. As for my mother, I just remember I was into a blind rage, opening doors shouting and hitting whatever was behind it, but I felt scared. As for my friend, I remember I thought I felt he was purposely “ruining” what I was doing and I wanted him to stop, but he kept on running away and doing what he was doing. Once I caught him, I was getting revenge. It felt good, and that scares me, mostly because I’m pretty sure that “my friend” is actually “my daughter” when she’s not listening and keeps doing what I tell her not to do.

I suppose it’s also that I feel guilty for being too nervous and have low patience with the kids these days.

Do you have stress in real life?

Please don’t. I fear that I would get all the diseases listed and discussed there… :grimacing:

2 Likes