Tell me your dreams

Your dreams are always weird and funny. I’d love to make such dreams and, above all, to remember them. I seldom remember my dreams, and when it happens resemble very much yours. But it happens I recall them at morning, say, one or two times per year, sadly. It appears you remember them every morning.

PS: I’m an avid serotinous cheese eater.

1 Like

Yes, @Guga: You should really write them down (not only in this forum). Maybe they could be an inspiration for a (short) story or a game.

Rewritten 200 word version:

In the future humanity is forced to live in connected underground bunkers with long hallways and crudeley crafted shelters. Earth´s surface is populated and reigned by 7-feet tall creatures with the heads of rats who are heavily armoured and wear spherical see-through helmets and carry flamethrowers.
He and his companioins were forced to defend themselves with flare guns and grenades.
Those things were way ahead of humans in terms of apparel and weaponry. All they had for themselves were hastily selfmade breastplates and kneecaps.
When some of those monsters attempted to break into their shelter they were forced to evacuate it and flee through one of the dusty long dimly lit underground hallways that lead to other defended human populated areas.
One of those things almost made it through one of the holes that connects the bunkers with the hallways but its enormous size permitted it to do so. Running along one of the corridors suddenly another one of those giant things appeared, you could only see a faint big shadow in the backlight when from one second to the other the flames filled the passage with enormous heat.
He could barely save himself after most of his companions had perished.

I know I´m almost two years late, but I had that dream only now, you know.

What category of the library would that have been in? :thinking:

1 Like

Sci-fi? Let me know if you’d like me to proofread.

Yeah Sci Fi! I even have title.

Would be nice actually. I didn´t have much except a translator that told me I wrote something wrong when it couldn´t translate the word. :slight_smile:

Didn’t change much. I’ve been quite hands-off (with e.g. tenses, commas) as I didn’t want to break the nice stream of consciousness :slightly_smiling_face:

It’d be cool if there was a ‘dream log’ category in the library.

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Well, it´s too late anyway. And I won´t be in the phone book either. But somehow I got inspired to submit both now, duh!

Make your own game with your own phone book and your own library!

Good idea!

grafik

4 Likes

Well you might be able to use them for something else in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

* panic-edit :scream: *

1 Like

But I like it here! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always been able to remember a lot of details of my dreams, I don’t know why. I never wrote them down because nobody cares. Here, Kate gave me an excuse :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Glad to be-a-boo of service :grin:

1 Like

I’ve only just noticed this. That’s one of my favourite films. I’m also not surprised it fuels dreams!

Oh, we all care! :slight_smile:

Especially since his dreams follow some sort of continuity involving his daughter.
I´m looking forward to see where the story will lead to. :popcorn:

3 Likes

I totally forget to mention that I dreamed last night about Columbo. He was solving a new case.

Why, thank you!

I´m still on it though…

grafik

2 Likes

I had a dream. Then I woke up. Then I got back to sleep, and dreamed that I was telling you all the dream.

So, let’s make dreams come true. I had to make a road trip with my wife, Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick. We’re at Gary’s house, waiting for Ron who is getting ready, and I was trying to convince Gary to release the TWP engine, but I had no luck. Then Ron came, entered the car and said he only listens to documentaries while on the road, so he put a documentary about fishes on the car radio and we leave. Ron is driving, my wife is on the passenger’s seat, Gary sits behind Ron and I sit behind my wife.
I was listening to the soothing voice of the speaker describing the habits of different fishes when we find one of said fishes floating / swimming in the car. It was cute, small (as big as my palm at most) and we were amused by its company. Then it begins to aim at me, while the documentary speaker explains how the fish eats and how it behaves when it’s hungry. That’s how I understand that the fish is hungry, and wants to eat me. I’m not scared, it’s a small fish, rather annoyed but still I fear that it might bite me, so I try shoo it away. It swims a bit near my wife, and I think it’s over, but then the fish pops again from under her seat aiming at me. I try to keep it under my foot, but I don’t want to squish and kill it, so it escapes. And it’s aiming at my private parts. And I don’t have pants. And it’s trying to bite my weewee which is poking out of my boxers.

So, yeah, I woke up. Then I got back to sleep and it’s part 2.

I’m again at Gary’s house, but this time there’s all of you, too. By the way, the walls were the same color of the forum’s background. And, well, I spend the whole dream narrating the previous dream, and everyone laughs at the penis biting fish.

4 Likes

Finally, here’s one of my dreams. Fortunately I’m off work today so I’m going to rapidly jot it down before I lose it!

I dreamed I was on this massive spaceship with lots of corridors and lifts. For most of the dream I was running round trying to find certain rooms - towards the end it was the bathroom (for obvious real-life reasons).

At one point I came to another tunnel but with a train track going through it, and there was a school at the end with lots of kids sitting outside on benches either side of the track. They were dressed like WW2 school kids. I happened to step out of the way as a train came along. Then there was an announcement (afterwards!) to be careful of the train. Then they added that three people had died being hit by one that day. I thought that was outrageous since there was no warning or barriers.

Right so here we go - then I bumped into Milan, and as we walked along I was singing a lyrically difficult bit of Youth Gone Wild by Skid Row, and feeling really smug that I nailed it(!)

The rest of the dream was me trying to find a decent bathroom but they either had weird symbols on the door, or weren’t where the signs said they were, or were in prohibited parts of the ship.

Not my most interesting one but very atmospheric (which is always difficult to get across).

4 Likes

Hahaha, that’s great :joy:

I don’t want to over-analyse this one because it’s so good, but I like how Ron is calling the shots and doing the driving - it seems to reinforce how he’s am important leader/authority to you. And that he’s literally taking you on a journey (albeit a weird one).