Official Thimbleweed Park Forums

The official jogging thread

Sorry to hear that! Get well soon!

Yes… although it is temporarily.
So let’s just paste it here for reference and then switch back to the real Sushi

Tl;dr : Around 12km per hour?

Yesterday I went for a walk at lunchtime. It was the first time since the injury. Slow walk, all in all around 5km, my leg was very tired but not in pain. I had some unease around the knee while lying in bed hours later but that’s it. It’s a good sign, I think. I’ll try again next week, depending on the weather.

I ran 5km in 23’45" today - a new personal record

again, because I had little time to run.

You do your personal record again, a friend of mine sends me a recap of his spontaneous half marathon, and I’m here, sitting and eating like there’s no tomorrow :frowning: it’s going to be a long 2019.

And it’s not even Christmas yet!

You are not alone, my friend. You are not alone! And what if there is no tomorrow?

“Let the pessimism win!” :wink:

I found myself remembering that motto of yours some times recently. It has some logic and effectiveness afterall.

As we say here: “The right is given to the fools” (in a dispute, to make it end).
https://forums.thimbleweedpark.com/t/italian-common-saying-in-english-for-fun/1724

I finally have an appointment for an MRI.

However, the doctor had on his desk a printed sheet with written on it “running is the worst way of staying in shape”.

But I don’t do it to stay in shape, I do it for stress relief and fun, so I’m safe :stuck_out_tongue:

He also had a “most interesting man in the world” meme printed on another sheet, but I couldn’t read it.

I want one! I want one!!!

IMHO it’s far, far worse for “getting in shape”:
Overweight, no muscles and joints not ready for all the stress… sounds bad.

Now thinking about it: Maybe it’s just the translation.
Or maybe “staying in shape” is just a nicer way (i.e. self-deception) of saying “getting in shape”?