The official jogging thread

Sorry to hear that! Get well soon!

Yes… although it is temporarily.
So let’s just paste it here for reference and then switch back to the real Sushi

3 Likes
1 Like

Tl;dr : Around 12km per hour?

2 Likes

Yesterday I went for a walk at lunchtime. It was the first time since the injury. Slow walk, all in all around 5km, my leg was very tired but not in pain. I had some unease around the knee while lying in bed hours later but that’s it. It’s a good sign, I think. I’ll try again next week, depending on the weather.

2 Likes

I ran 5km in 23’45" today - a new personal record

again, because I had little time to run.

5 Likes

You do your personal record again, a friend of mine sends me a recap of his spontaneous half marathon, and I’m here, sitting and eating like there’s no tomorrow :frowning: it’s going to be a long 2019.

And it’s not even Christmas yet!

2 Likes

You are not alone, my friend. You are not alone! And what if there is no tomorrow?

1 Like

“Let the pessimism win!” :wink:

I found myself remembering that motto of yours some times recently. It has some logic and effectiveness afterall.

As we say here: “The right is given to the fools” (in a dispute, to make it end).
https://forums.thimbleweedpark.com/t/italian-common-saying-in-english-for-fun/1724

2 Likes

I finally have an appointment for an MRI.

However, the doctor had on his desk a printed sheet with written on it “running is the worst way of staying in shape”.

But I don’t do it to stay in shape, I do it for stress relief and fun, so I’m safe :stuck_out_tongue:

He also had a “most interesting man in the world” meme printed on another sheet, but I couldn’t read it.

3 Likes

I want one! I want one!!!

1 Like

IMHO it’s far, far worse for “getting in shape”:
Overweight, no muscles and joints not ready for all the stress… sounds bad.

Now thinking about it: Maybe it’s just the translation.
Or maybe “staying in shape” is just a nicer way (i.e. self-deception) of saying “getting in shape”?

Ah. A few centimeters of fresh snow and still snowing. Great weather for running - and mystifying your kids.

D.

6 Likes

I ran 10km in less than 50 minutes today!
That’s it. I’m done. Move along.

3 Likes

:cry:

Yesterday a friend of mine sent me a snapshot of his first run in the new town, now I read this. And I’m still injured (despite doing better, I still can’t run). It’s really being hard on my psyche.

If you´re not competing, means you can´t lose. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Guga, I didn’t mean to put you down!
:crossed_fingers: you’ll be running again soon!

It’s not a matter of competing either. Except against yourself perhaps.

1 Like

Or you could say, you lose all the competitions you don’t take part to :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, because I know that

:sunglasses:

3 Likes