TWP Forum Meetup Discussion

Which one do you prefer? :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: We have a similar museum here.

Do they change the whole exhibition regularly or have they a permanent collection?

Yes. :slight_smile: The week around Rosenmontag is completely dedicated to carnival in the Rhine area. Visitors and residents have only two options: party (hard) or escape. :slight_smile:

So if somebody would like to visit Cologne: Donā€™t do this during carnival - except you would like to visit the carnival. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve only been to the dog cafe. The dogs are very friendly, and most of them came to see me while I was there. Iā€™ve heard that the cats in the cat cafe donā€™t always pay much attention to the visitors.

All the exhibitions are changed regularly. And itā€™s free entry!

Yeah, the main reason we were there was for Karneval. Me and my friend dressed up as Ash and Pikachu!

Iā€™ve been to Cologne a few times before, and Iā€™ve already seen the cathedral. I just found it amusing that they had put the boards up all around it, to keep out the rowdy people in costume :wink:

1 Like

I see what you did there!

Ohā€¦never mind.

Why donā€™t we just meet at AdventureX 2018 (London)? I assume it will be in November but nothing has been announced yet.

3 Likes

That actually sounds very agreeable for most of us I would say.

Sounds good! Letā€™s keep an eye out for updates.

1 Like

November would a little bit -hm- suboptimal for me, but weā€™ll see.

The AdventureX website seems to be down at the moment?

You might not recognize the park. Maybe you visited the ā€œghosts rickshawā€ (EDIT: Watch the ghost ship :wink: ). The ride still exists, but it has slightly been modernized. By the way, I just stumbled upon this gallery of some attractions which have been removed - except for the Space Center (the oldest active roller coaster in the park, opened in 1988), which has been modified topically.

Though, Phantasialand might be still the most recommendable theme park I have ever met. There are some really nice roller coasters. I havenā€™t been there for ten years, so Iā€™m curious about the new ones.

3 Likes

What if you spray the thing with root beer? :thinking:

Try it and report! :slight_smile:

I fear that if I do, I wonĀ“t be the one to report, though.

2 Likes

Woman donĀ“t get any special treatment hereā€¦or do they?:guardswoman:

First let me beat @PiecesOfKate to it : you mean women

Second: no! Women get no treatment whatsoever here!

Third: who said @PiecesOfKate be charming because sheā€™s a woman? Itā€™s because of her pulley in the middle!
Ermā€¦ waitā€¦ that can be misconstrued in so many ways!

Let me try again: ā€œso Katie, youā€™re basically a chick with a pulley in your middle?ā€
Doh!!

Let me just ask Doug if you can borrow his shovel :wink:

1 Like

Noā€™h thanks, Iā€™ve dug a deep enough hole for me-self aā€™ready!

Be a kinā€™ lassie anā€™ hanā€™ me thaā€™ ladder oveā€™ therā€™ wouldā€™ya?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if I should like one of the last postsā€¦ :slight_smile:

You can actually buy this?!? :open_mouth:

No jah you wrong sah! Me rastaman, us jah people talk like that just ask preacher man, he go tell! :jamaica:

ItĀ“s not that I never noticed that the chicken is lying on itĀ“s back with the spread legs in full frontal viewā€¦now youĀ“re never getting that picture out of your head againā€¦

Yeah, great now we gotta wait till September until we can get her that for her birthday!

3 Likes

:smile:

Ok. Now you may officially take my place in the hole, for offending not only more than half of the worldā€™s population but also the entire Caribbean. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So @PiecesOfKate, whatā€™s your waist size?
(Hey I am still down in that hole, I am allowed to ask inappropriate questions)