TWP Forum Meetup Discussion

There´s that many japanese, huh? According to my personal experience at least half of them are squatting near the burial chamber inside the great pyramid of gizah…the other half should be in Neuschwanstein…damn, I did it again. But I dislike tourists no matter where from…

Not quite yet…

Now I did!

1 Like

Haha… how convenient that the hole lets you take those liberties! Uh oh now I’m inadvertently making puns too :neutral_face:

I’m not sure what to make of that skirt. Given that not many people outside of a convention would know what it is, it’d probably come across quite strange.

1 Like

No problem, just tell them:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9469f0920071a464ec4bb8edc55d9a92/tenor.gif?itemid=10789485

1 Like

I’d say you’re crazy daring if people saw you wear it on the train to the convention. But that’s why they invented pareos ! (Translation for the rest of the guys: beach wrap skirts)

On the other hand, you’d be the only one on the planet that could really pull it of wearing it. I mean, a)skirt, b) logo.

That or a skirt with pieces of eight ( Guybrush’s booty) on your boot… erm… on your ass! (Phew! Nice recovery!)

Wearing that in Central London would also draw frowns.

I think I’ll stick with hoodies and Ts.

No problem:
https://www.redbubble.com/de/people/themasrix/works/14734188-gummih-hnchen-mit-einer-rolle-in-der-mitte-monkey-island?p=t-shirt&rel=carousel&style=mhoodie
https://www.redbubble.com/de/people/themasrix/works/14734188-gummih-hnchen-mit-einer-rolle-in-der-mitte-monkey-island?p=t-shirt&rel=carousel&style=womens

Gotta love Redbubble :slight_smile:

The question is: Is that legal?

Let´s be honest. If she´d ever be part of a forum meeting, she has to wear one of those!

Tomboy spotted!

1 Like

But that would make it harder to spy on you all first.

What would be amusing is if we all wore things associated with other forum members, and we all had to guess who was who! Oh wait, there’s a slight flaw in my plan there…

My favourite toy as a child was a two-tier car garage :flushed:

2 Likes

No, no, no. I would like to see @milanfahrnholz in a Homer Simpson costume. :wink:

That’s unfair! I ever wanted one of those but never got one! :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

You´re at least as ripe for psychoanalysis as I am! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Easy. White shirt, blue trousers. Done!

1 Like

In my team at work we used the website DrawNames to do a secret santa. We could use something like that to pick a member for each person, so that we don’t end up with five Kate imposters and no Milans, or whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

And someone needs to carry a boombox with the Hostile Takeover Song on repeat. So that we don’t all end up approaching random non-forum people and making them confused!

1 Like

Ok, but where do I get a boombox … ???

(But I still have audio cassettes with annoying songs from the 80s…)

1 Like

That would be fun. Especially when @Ema enters the venue on a *beeping* hot air balloon.

5 Likes

:grimacing: I did it again… Gotta be more careful about wording my posts, haha!
Not sure where you can find ones that don’t need plugging in to the mains.

1 Like

I think I’ll have to look at eBay. In the last few month I’ve seen only an oversized speaker without a cassette deck in an electronic market. In addition that thing doesn’t seemed to be very portable. For our conspirative forum meeting with tin foil hats we have to get a real boombox from the 80s. :slight_smile:

Oh, wait: This box is still available - but again without a cassette deck. :frowning:

1 Like

If been searching myself high and low for that classic 80s model. No way to get one these days.

2 Likes

And most of those would have to be male, too!

2 Likes

Anyway, when I cosplayed Teddy the hotel kid, on last September, I found an eBay user who sold a boombox very similar to that one showed in Thimbleweed Park. Still working perfectly.

4 Likes