How is the weather (right now)

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Oh…jolly. I hope you´re save inside.

4 Likes

I am. My littlest daughter was a bit afraid, however. I found very interesting what she said, but I’m going to tell it in the language thread.

And I suppose tomorrow there will a lot in the dream thread, too.

4 Likes

Weather is really lovely here today :sunglasses:

Taken at my local train station

3 Likes

What are you doing there on a sunday? Consequently doesn´t look very busy there, too.

Popping to the nearest town for shopping :slightly_smiling_face: it’s a quick train ride and nicer than driving.

1 Like

On a Sunday?

It’s the UK. It’s a lot like the US.

That being said, since it’s the first Sunday of the month, 6 May is also a shopping Sunday here in Antwerp. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do they open each Sunday in the UK?

Aren’t there several small towns along the border (between Germany and the Netherlands) where the shops are allowed to open each Sunday? :thinking:

They open a lot more and longer than here, in any case.

I have no idea? I’m not from around Limburg (regardless whether Dutch, Belgian or German). :slight_smile: But the Netherlands on the whole has also greatly extended opening hours over the past decade or so.

That’s the same here in Germany: At least most grocery stores in the cities are opened from 7 to 22 h (=10 pm). The stores can decide themselves how long they would like to open. Except Sundays. :slight_smile: There are only allowed to open on 4 or 6 Sundays per year.

An exception are spa towns - and I vaguely remember that we have some of them in the Eifel near the border to the Netherlands…

Yep. Shorter hours (11-5) but every Sunday.

2 Likes

Today 27 degrees Celsius and lots of sun. First time this year we had to put on some sunscreen.

2 Likes

Same here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the intro to Van Halen’s Hot For Teacher?

2 Likes

Sound is close actually, but still a tad bit too slow for that. Alex can do better!

4 Likes

:open_mouth: You, you, you…! I want that too!

So do I! :yum:

1 Like